- In 1986, President Ronald Reagan signed the IRCA amnesty into law which legalized three million illegal aliens and inspired millions of more illegal aliens to cross the Mexican border.
- In 1996, the Republican-controlled US Congress passed the Immigration Act of 1996 which stated that “immigrants unlawfully present in the United States for 180 days but less than 365 days must remain outside the United States for three years unless they obtain a pardon. If they are in the United States for 365 days or more, they must stay outside the United States for ten years unless they obtain a waiver.”
- George W. Bush was elected president in 2000 and 2004 and failed to force the existing immigration laws during the eight years while he was in office.
- In 2006, the Republican-controlled US Congress passed the Secure Fence Act, which was supposed to build a physical double layered fence along the Mexican border. The border fence was never completed.
- In desperation, Arizona, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina passed laws in 2010 and 2011 which attempted to deter illegal aliens from settling in those states. The Obama administration sued all four states to protect illegal aliens and the Republican-controlled Supreme Court decided in Arizona v. United States in 2012 to gut Arizona’s immigration law and crush appeals from the Southern states.
- Just the other day, Obama announced that he is going to issue a new executive order which will implement amnesty for millions of more illegal aliens because Congress refused to pass “comprehensive immigration reform.”
What are you going to do now?
Reform our immigration system? It is already against the law for illegal aliens to be present in the United States for more than 18o days. Build a border fence? The border fence was supposed to have been built years ago. Take action at the local and state level? The federal courts have gutted everything from Prop 187 to Arizona’s immigration law. Defeat amnesty for illegal aliens in Congress? You won every battle. Elect a Republican president? Republican presidents are controlled by the US Chamber of Commerce and conspire to weaken enforcement of immigration laws.
What do you do when you the federal government brings in thugs in riot gear to defend the invaders from the people of the states? How do you respond to the federal government using the law as a means to plunder you to reward foreign lawbreakers?
Well, you can either submit to the despotism, or you can revolt against it. Take your choice. There’s no third option.